Friday, April 4, 2008

my database doesn't even pretend to be comprehensive

Those of you who live in Minneapolis are probably familiar with the coffeeshop chain Dunn Bros. I'm thoroughly addicted to their lattes (half-caf, because I'm a caffeine wimp). And so my little baby database, http://lazybase.com/dunnbrosfreak/ , is devoted to reviewing the various Dunn Bros outposts. More Dunn Bros reviews coming soon.

I found lazybase.com to be very easy to use- and a nice tool, even if it's just for your own personal use. Given that I can be organizationally challenged, having a database that can be accessed from anywhere might be helpful. As far as use in libraries goes, I think this would work really well for book recommendations, research topics, and the like. It would be fun to have one of these set up for my library that patrons could access to recommend books to each other.

No comments: