Friday, March 7, 2008

Vassar College Library on Flickr






Photo by Dalboz17
















Photo by nyc_babytiger







Wow, I was spoiled. This is my alma mater's library- where I shelved, worked the circulation desk, studied, researched, and, um, flirted for four years. The first picture is a view of the lobby across from the circ desk, and the second photo with the stain glass window shows the wing where I usually studied- the first table on the left. You can see Library 2.0 at work here- the first year I was in college, 1999, the lower level of this wing held the reference section. By 2000 or so the wing was renovated, the reference books shifted to an adjacent addition, and the entire lower level was filled with computers. The reference librarian's desks remained in the wing, as they increasingly fielded computer and database related questions.

Flickr is a great resource- I'll probably use it eventually to post photos online, but I'm still stubbornly dedicated to my 35mm SLR camera. Tres analog, I know. For now, I'll keep using it to fuel the occasional trip down memory lane.

1 comment:

23 Things said...

What a beautiful library!!