Friday, March 7, 2008

Library 2.0

My knowledge of Web 2.0 tools is probably more advanced than I think, since I grew up using computers and am quite proficient at using the internet. However, I do find that more and more customers at my library are asking questions about internet-related tasks and problems, and neither I nor the other staff there have any idea what they are talking about. I'm hoping that participating in 23 Things on a Stick will give me more tools to help my customers, and to help me keep up with the ever evolving model of the library (or Library 2.0).

I am curious as to how we can keep up the traditional library services and atmosphere that older patrons have come to expect, and keep the interest of younger people who are more and more computer-oriented.

No comments: